Position – Production Manager
Company – Sseko Designs Ltd
Location – Kampala, Uganda
Start Date – Immediate
Sseko Designs is seeking a Production Manager to coordinate the actions of approximately 35 production professionals. This person will be responsible for quality, production costs, and production levels for each of our product lines. This position will primarily work on the production floor as both a supervisor and a production professional but will work closely with upper management.
- Setting production schedules based on desired inventory levels and specific priorities
- Ensuring continuous production with minimal raw materials inventory
- Continuously improving the production process and outlining production station steps/standards in detail to increase quality and production capacity while minimizing costs
- Knowing the steps of each production station, ensuring standards are understood and adhered to, and assisting in production when managerial duties are not required
- Regularly evaluating the production process and suggesting revisions to increase quality, reduce labor hours and lead time, and minimize raw materials usage
- Closely tracking work in process, production levels, rejects/rework, inventory levels, costs of goods sold and preparing regular reports on each
- Mentoring team leaders and production professionals to ensure focus on efficiency and quality
- Acting as a liaison between management and staff to make sure priorities are aligned and objectives are achieved
We are seeking someone with a positive attitude, leadership and problem solving skills, strong planning abilities and a good work ethic. In addition, qualified applicants should have the following:
- Experience in a high production environment and a minimum of one year of supervisory/managerial experience
- University degree
- Fluency in both English and Lugandan
- Computer literacy required and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs a plus
Who We Are
Sseko Designs is a design and manufacturing company based in the United States and Uganda that produces apparel products for Western markets. The goal of Sseko is to build a sustainable company to provide dignified, fair-wage employment to East African women and contribute to the economic growth of Uganda.
How to Apply
Qualified applications should submit a resume or CV accompanied by a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and why you believe you are a good candidate. Documents and contact information should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.