Large Mustard Striped Round Basket
- Regular price
- $53.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $53.99 USD
- Unit price
Made and shipped to you by our FairlyStyled partners.
This gorgeous, versatile home decor piece will capture the attention of every guest and family member.
These perfectly sized round baskets are not just gorgeous wall art but functional home decorations. The possibilities are endless. Style it on a shelf for additional storage in your home office, add it to your coffee table for a globally inspired feel, or use it as a serving bowl for your favorite fruit. This fruit bowl is also great storage for keys and mail on your entryway furniture. Most commonly, this woven basket is exquisite, ready to hang wall art with a hand-stitched loop on the back.
These delicately textured and woven baskets were made by groups of women in intimate communities across Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They use the raffia plant and banana fibers to weave them together.
Fair to people. Fair to planet. FairlyStyled.
- Approximately 12”D x 4” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Uganda this one of a kind piece takes a couple of days to complete.To care for our planet by minimizing shipping emissions, this FairlyStyled piece will ship to you (FREE!) directly from our artisan partners. Please see the Returns tab for more information about returns & exchanges on this item.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down: shake and tap to release crumbs and residue.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
- Raffia is harvested by extracting liquid from the raffia palm tree. At first, raffia is green but It is then stripped and dried by the brilliant rays of Uganda sunshine and turns into a beige color. Once fully dried, the KAZI team carefully dyes the dried strands to match Pantone colors. After, the material is distributed to the weavers who take the materials to their homes where they weave your beautiful home decor products.
Kazi means "work" in Swahili. That’s what we create: works of art, that provide steady work, for artisans. Our designs generate a fair and stable wage for expert artisans, making lasting economic impact in their communities. Kazi products in Rwanda, Uganda and Ghana all carry the Nest Seal - the only certification measuring social compliance exclusively within informal supply chains where handcrafted products are produced. It's unique and first of its kind and audits and measures everything from how wages are calculated and ensuring payment to what materials are used, how they are used, and how they impact both people and the planet ensuring of traceability, fair wages, and sustainability along the supply chain.
Naturally Sustainable Materials
We exclusively use responsibly harvested local materials like raffia, elephant grass and sisal when weaving our wall statement pieces, and every color you see is drawn from organic natural dyes. This eco-protective process brings organic living at home, and peace of mind at heart.
Early on in their careers, our weavers learn how to grow and harvest their own materials. That way, once they advance their weaving skills and save up enough money, they can employ people in their communities to help harvest the fibers on their behalf as they weave. It is part of our business model to teach our artisans to experience accountability in the supply chain because it empowers them to be independent.
Artisans work in collective groups, or weave at home, where they can stay with their children.
Women for hundreds of years have taught their daughters this age-old weaving process.
To create shape, artisans tightly wind fibers and secure them with tiny stitches, gradually generating shapes and patterns as they work.
The piece takes form, eventually reaching its final shape, robust with skill, love and artistry.
We want you to love what we love to make. Regular priced products purchased on www.kazigoods.com may be returned up to 30 days from delivery. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition you received it.
If you would like to return eligible items, please send items back to:
100 W 35th Street, Suite G
National City, CA 91950
Once we receive your return, a KAZI team member will contact you to let you know that we have issued your refund.
If you received an item as a gift that you wish to return, please email email@example.com. If the gift was shipped directly to you, we will issue you a gift credit for the value of your item(s) once the return is received.
Incorrect or damaged orders
KAZI provides return labels for orders that were fulfilled improperly or for products that arrived damaged. If these circumstances apply to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a prepaid return label.
Funds will be returned to your original method of payment 3-7 business days after we receive your return.