Wooden Serving Board
- Regular price
- $45.00 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $45.00 USD
- Unit price
Made and shipped to you by our FairlyStyled partners.
Add a touch of nature to every meal with the handcrafted wood serving board from sturdy Albizia hardwood. It's perfectly sized for cutting and serving fruits, cheeses, appetizers and a variety of food. Every piece is hand-carved, hand-finished and naturally stained without any chemical polish on it. Each piece has unique variations in knots, grain and texture and no two boards are the same!
The only thing better than perfect clutch is knowing that it is sustainably handmade by Fair Trade artisans in Bangladesh.
Fair to people. Fair to planet. FairlyStyled.
- Size: Approximately 13.75” long x 6" wide x 0.75" tall / Handle: 4" long
- Material: Albizia wood
- Color: Natural
- Due to the handcrafted nature, slight variation will occur in design, color, and size.
To care for our planet by minimizing shipping emissions, this piece will ship to you (FREE!) directly from our artisan partners. Please see the Returns tab for more information about returns & exchanges on this item.
KORISSA’s story began in 2017 when Angela, a co-founder of KORISSA, left New York for Bangladesh to work for a family business. While staying in Bangladesh for a year, she met a female social entrepreneur who worked for the World Fair Trade organization. This organization is committed to alleviating poverty, increase social responsibility through fair trade and strengthening the personal skills of the women who suffered gender violence in the slums of Dhaka, Bangladesh, by producing handicrafts items made from jute, seagrass, and locally sourced natural fibers. Inspired by their commitments, Nora and Angela decided to found KORISSA with a goal of offering environmentally and socially responsible handmade goods and encouraging the modern shopper to purchase consciously.
After four years of continued growth and success, KORISSA partners with four artisans organizations in Bangladesh that operate according to fair trade principles.
KORISSA is committed to building up sustainable relationships with our artisans and working together to preserve the culture and history while providing our artisans access to fair wages, broader markets, and secure, sustainable livelihoods. KORISSA is committed to consuming less and being more conscious about waste by using eco-friendly, sustainable materials and forms of production.
KORISSA is also committed to being environmentally conscious and producing less waste by using sustainable and eco-friendly materials, forms of production, and packaging.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth before use
- Wash immediately after use
- Wipe with hot soapy water and rinse with hot/warm water
- Wipe it dry with a clean dish towel
- Store in a dry area
- Wood naturally dries out after frequent washings, so you need to oil and wax it to prevent it from becoming brittle and cracking.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures and humidity can cause your wooden boards to dry out and split. While prolonged exposure to water and excess moisture can weaken the wood.