Returns & Exchanges
the sseko product guarantee
We want you to love your Sseko products as much as we do. We take pride in the high-quality leathers, hardware, and materials sourced from East Africa, and if we ever fall short of your expectations, we want to know! If you’re not 100% satisfied with your product, we’ll take it back! If you want to keep your product, but have helpful feedback on how we can give you a better experience, please send a note to [email protected] with details (and photos are always helpful!).
- If a product is purchased through a Sseko Fellow, please reach out directly to your Sseko Fellow to handle the return or exchange process for you.
- All returns must be received within 60 days of the order date to receive a full refund. A return received 60 days after the order date will result in a refund in the form of store credit. Returns received after 6 months of the order date are not eligible for credit.
- Free shipping for your first return or exchange. (must be an eligible return/exchange – see “Ineligible for Return/Exchange” section for more details)
- Each item must be in new condition, with tags still intact. Any products returned without their original packaging will incur a 15% repackaging fee.
- If there is a defect or quality issue with your product upon arrival, please submit a Quality Issue here or email [email protected] so that we can resolve the issue immediately.
- Refunds for returned items are based on the current price of the item on the website.
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
- Returns and exchanges will be processed within 10 business days from when your package is received at our warehouse.
Items Ineligible For Return/Exchange
- If you are unsure on the eligibility, please contact your Fellow, or email [email protected]
- Items that have been used, worn, washed, or damaged. Shoes must not be worn outside and have no signs of wear or tear
- Free promotional items including prizes, giveaways, and free gifts included with purchase
- Custom Products (sandals or leather goods) that are designed through our custom platform. These are ONLY eligible for return if there is a manufacturing defect. If so, please submit a Quality Issue here or email [email protected]
- Subscription Boxes. These are ONLY eligible for return if there is a manufacturing defect. If so, please submit a Quality Issue here or email [email protected]
- We can accept exchanges only for the same product in a different size or color. Any other request can be issued as a refund.
- Items purchased from other retailers
- Items purchased over 6 months ago are ineligible for a return/exchange of any kind
- Items shipped outside of the United States
How to Return/Exchange:
- If you are a customer: Please follow the instructions found at this link, or email [email protected] for assistance.
- If you are a Fellow submitting for a customer: Please follow the instructions found at this link.
- If you are a Fellow submitting for yourself: Please follow the instructions found at this link.
Please be sure to read all the instructions as you will download the pre-paid return shipping label directly from your account!
If you received an order from Sseko Designs as a gift, you can still return it! We’ll issue you a Sseko Designs store credit for the amount of the returned items to your account. Be sure to indicate that the return was a gift on the return form.
- All customized sandals will have a 90-day warranty, which is for replacements due to quality issues only.
- We will only accept returns for quality issues (if product is defective). Refund will be in the form of Sseko credit.
We won’t accept returns for issues with sizing (must read size guide carefully before purchase!)
- The Fellow Starter Kit may be returned within one year from the Fellow Agreement Date, and is eligible for a refund.
- The Starter Kit must be returned in its entirety. All contents of the Starter Kit must be unopened and the products must be in unworn and resalable condition in order to receive a full refund (excludes shipping).
- Opened, but unused Starter Kits will receive a 15% restocking fee when they are returned.
- Damaged or used (includes products that were used for display purposes) items may not be returned.
- Sseko Designs is committed to ensuring that each customer receives the best version of exactly what they ordered. To uphold this commitment and because of the perishable nature of coffee, we do not accept returns or exchanges.
- We are happy to replace any items damaged in transit. If your coffee product is damaged during shipment, please fill out a quality issue ticket within 30 days of your purchase to receive an appropriate resolution