Returns & Exchanges
the sseko product guarantee
We want you to love your Sseko products as much as we do. We take pride in the high-quality leathers, hardware, and materials sourced from East Africa, and if we ever fall short of your expectations, we want to know! If you’re not 100% satisfied with your product, we’ll take it back! If you want to keep your product, but have helpful feedback on how we can give you a better experience, please send a note to [email protected] with details (and photos are always helpful!).
- Free shipping for your first return or exchange. (must be an eligible return/exchange – see “Ineligible for Return/Exchange” section for more details)
- Each item must be in new condition, with tags still intact. Any products returned without their original packaging will incur a 15% repackaging fee.
- If there is a defect or quality issue with your product upon arrival, please call (503-542-7492) or email [email protected] so that we can resolve the issue immediately.
- All returns must be received within 60 days of the order date to receive a full refund. A return received 60 days after the order date will result in a refund in the form of store credit. Returns received after 6 months of the order date are not eligible for credit.
- Refunds for returned items are based on the current price of the item on the website.
- Returns and exchanges will be processed within 10 business days from when your package is received at our warehouse.
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
- If a product is purchased through a Sseko Fellow, please reach out directly to your Sseko Fellow to handle the return or exchange process for you.
- INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: We, unfortunately, cannot offer returns or exchanges for international orders.
Items Ineligible For Return/Exchange
- We can only accept exchanges for different sizes or color variants of the same product and price point. All other exchanges must be issued as a return. The customer may place an order for the preferred product after the return is processed.
- Free promotional items including prizes won during a giveaway or gifts that may have been received during promotions (e.g. get a free ribbon with purchase).
- Items that have been used, worn, washed, or damaged. Shoes must not be worn outside and have no signs of wear or tear.
- Custom Products (sandals or leather goods) that are designed through our custom platform. These are ONLY eligible for return if there is a manufacturing defect.
- Merchandise purchased from other retailers (these products must be returned to the store from which it was originally purchased, and is subject to the return policy of the originating retailer).
- Items purchased over 6 months ago are ineligible for a return or exchange of any kind.
- If your purchase was shipped outside of the United States.
How to Return/Exchange:
- Fill out a Return/Exchange Request here and our Community Care team will be in touch with you within 1-2 business days over email! Note: Please allow up to 10 business days for us to receive & process your Return/Exchange.
If you received an order from Sseko Designs as a gift, you can still return it! We’ll issue you a Sseko Designs store credit for the amount of the returned items to your account. Be sure to indicate that the return was a gift on the return form.
- All customized sandals will have a 90-day warranty, which is for replacements due to quality issues only.
- We will only accept returns for quality issues (if product is defective). Refund will be in the form of Sseko credit.
We won’t accept returns for issues with sizing (must read size guide carefully before purchase!)
- The Fellow Starter Kit may be returned within one year from the Fellow
Agreement Date, and is eligible for a refund.
- The Starter Kit must be returned in its entirety. All contents of the
Starter Kit must be unopened and the products must be in unworn and
resalable condition in order to receive a full refund (excludes shipping).
- Opened, but unused Starter Kits will receive a 15% restocking fee when
they are returned.
- Damaged or used (includes products that were used for display purposes)
items may not be returned.