Is your #ootd beginning to look the same every day? We’ve all felt as if we have nothing to wear and the newness or excitement we once had for our wardrobe has run out. Well…we love employing a bit of creativity to practice one of our favorite sustainable style challenges. It focuses on creating more with less, investing in quality, fair trade, and sustainable clothing and finding ways to style them in new and exciting ways.
We challenged our CEO and Co-founder Liz to make 20 unique outfits with only 5 Sseko pieces and a few basics she had in her closet.
A few tips from Liz:
- Don’t be afraid to wear things other than how they were originally intended. For example, a maxi skirt can easily become a tube top dress and “dressy” pants become a poolside essential!
- Invest in pieces that are versatile. Our Multiway Shawl is a great example. Liz can wear it tied in front, open over a tee, as a bathing suit cover, and even as a scarf. Our Split Seam blouse is another example because it’s reversible. You can wear the print in the front or in the back!
- Don’t be afraid to mix prints. There are no rules and you can get creative with how you mix and match prints, solids, accessories, and shoes. Just have fun pairing things together until you come across a combination that you love. Fashion rules are made to be broken but here are a few general tips for matching prints:
- Match the colors but mix the prints. (Black and white is great to experiment with!)
- Think about scale: Matching a bold, large print with a smaller delicate print can add dimension.
- Stripes and animal print can really act as a neutral: Don’t be afraid to mix either of those with patterns like floral or geometric!
- Sometimes simplicity and going monochrome with a neutral can be a BOLD statement, like pairing the ivory blouse with the ivory pants and ivory paper bead jewelry!
Check out all of Liz’s styles below and be sure to tag us on social media if you decide to do a sustainability challenge of your own.
Sseko items Liz styled:
- Chiffon Skirt in Leo
- Like A Girl” Tee in Black
- Wide Leg Pant in Hide and Seek (These stunning pants sold out FAST but the same silhouette is available in classic black and the Blush Ikat!)
- Split Seam Blouse in Blush Ikat
- Multiway Shawl in Hide and Seek
Accessories that Liz Includes:
- Two-Tone V Boot
- Platform Wedge Sandal in Caramel & Fauna
- Woven Leather Zipper Tote in Tan
- Jute Ring Handle Tote
- Woven Pom Pom Clutch
- Triple Strand Collar Necklace in Cream & Gold
We hope that this inspires you to invest in ethical, quality pieces, look at what you already have in your closet, and get creative with how you style your wardrobe.